Money Matters in Marriage
Over 43% of married couples are arguing on money matters. If you and your partner/spouse handle money in different ways, you need to talk, discuss each other’s expectations and make up a financial plan.
Money is a great part of our lives and also marriage. It is very important to have it enough to spend, afford what both parties want. In case the spouses cannot do this, the matter of money pops up in a relationship. A husband and a wife should be on the same page as to their family finances, otherwise the difficulties and problems become inevitable.
What is needed is an effective communication and development of a financial plan. Here one needs to forget that discussing money matters is not appropriate. It is not only an appropriate, but also necessary thing in a marriage. Family budget should be planned as well as it is planned in the business. Communication is crucial, no matter what difficulties you experience.
There is no other way to control one of the spouses or their common spending habits and putting money aside. A couple should come to an agreement as when the lack of money, or lack of spending control or no savings made, etc. will become the reason of quarrels and even fights in future.
Marriage Medics have made up a financial plan for the couples of any age:
• Living beyond your means is not right, so stop it.
• Treat the household like a business
• Create a budget
• Create an income and expense statement
• Create a balance sheet
• If you have a debt, figure out how to pay it down. Both of you need to create a plan and share the cutbacks equally.
• Start saving money by cutting your expenses starting with the small things to pay the debts
• Have only one credit card for the entire family
• When you pay off the debt, make a celebration
Only discussing your family budget and coming to an agreement in your expenses, you would be able to organize your family budget and avoid conflicts connected to the money matters.